Sunday, January 18, 2009

Crock Pot Brisket

Crock Pot Brisket

History: I have never made a brisket. I bought some already cooked briskets and reheated them, but had never attempted to take a raw brisket and cook it. This was my first attempt and is a keeper recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 4-5lbs of trimmed brisket
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 packet dry onion soup mix
  • 1 cup carrots chopped
  • 1 cup celery chopped
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 grated gala apple
  • 1 cup wine vinegar
Directions:
  1. Pour one cup of wine vinegar over the brisket and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
  2. Before you go to work sprinkle garlic salt and fajita seasoning over meat.
  3. Place 1 cup of water mixed with onion soup mix in a large crock pot.
  4. Throw vegetables and the apple in the water and then place brisket in crock pot.
  5. Turn slow cooker to low for 10 hours.
When you come home the brisket will be tender and moist. I love it when the meat just falls apart when you run a fork over it.
I used the juice to make vegetable soup, and froze the leftovers in small containers so we can have it during the busy week in other ways.
Wondering about the apple. . . . I use my left over juice fiber instead of cut of celery and carrots. I'd made my favorite juice which is apples, carrots, and celery. All of that went into my brisket, and it was so good.
Bon Appetito

No comments: