Friday, March 27, 2009

Crock Pot Whole Chicken

Crock Pot Whole Chicken
History: I really don't like to touch raw meat. I have never cut up a chicken in my life, and I probably never will. As gas prices were going up, I started looking for economical recipes that could cook all day and not cost a lot of money.
This chicken recipe is cheap, delicious, and easy.
Ingredients:
  • 1 whole chicken (take the neck and yucky bag stuff out of it)
  • 2 lemons
  • Garlic salt
  • Ground pepper
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup left over juice I juiced gala apples(you can leave this out if you do not juice. . . I just hate to waste the fiber stuff and throw it in )
Directions:
  1. Wash chicken
  2. I spray the crock pot with olive oil spray.
  3. Put 1 cup of water in crock pot.
  4. Throw leftover juice fiber in the water.
  5. Place chicken in crock pot.
  6. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper
  7. Slice the lemons and place on the top of chicken
  8. Set the crock pot on low for 12 hours.
You will love the smell when you come into the house after a long day's work.
Bon Appetito

No comments: