Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Slow Cooker Roast Beef

Roast Beef

History: I don't eat a lot of meat, but my favorite meat would have to be a pot roast that reminds me of the ones I had as a child. Last night I created this recipe. I would have to say that if I had to have a last meal it would be this and apple pie.

Ingredients:
  • 2-4 lb roast
  • 1 can garlic roasted mushroom soup mix
  • 1 pack dried onion mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • Left over juice fibers (yes I am still finding ways to use up what is leftover in my juicer) This time I had celery, apples, and carrots left over.
Instructions:
  • Spray crock pot with non stick coating.
  • wash meat and place in the crock pot
  • In a separate bowl, mix mushroom soup, dried onion soup, water, and leftover juice fiber
  • Pour over roast
  • Set crock pot to cook on low for no longer than 6 hours
I served this with rice, but if I had potatoes, onion, and carrots I would have thrown them on top of the roast covered with the mushroom soup mixtures. This recipe makes its own thick natural gravy. It is by far the best roast I have had since my childhood.
Bon Appetito

No comments: