Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pizza Dip

History: This recipe is one I use if I need to feed unexpected guests. You can throw it together with ingredients that I usually have on hand. I serve it with hard whole wheat bread. I can set it out on the table while I whip up something really fast. It buys me time. . .

Ingredients:
  • 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (I use 2 tablespoons fresh because I have it year round.
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (I love fresh minced about 2 tablespoons)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup grated Parmesian cheese ( I love Romano and only use it. )
  • 1cup pizza sauce (I make homemade just cause nothing else tastes as good)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
  • 2 ounces fake sausage, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
  • I clove chopped garlic
Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, oregano, parsley, and basil.
  2. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate or a shallow microwave-safe dish
  3. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Romano cheese on the top of the cream cheese mixture.
  4. Spread the pizza sauce over all.
  5. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, then top with green pepper, sausage , and olive slices.
  6. Cover, and microwave for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Buon Appetito

No comments: