Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mango Salsa

History: I got this recipe at church from when we did a Latin themed potluck. I am addicted to this stuff.
Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe mangos cut into chunks
  • 3 jalapeno peppers diced finely (adjust this to your tastes)
  • 3 green onions diced
  • 2 limes
  • 3 tablespoons of cilantro chopped finely (adjust this to your tastes)
Directions:
  1. Cut mangos up into small pieces and smash with a potato masher.
  2. Squeeze the limes into the mango mixture.
  3. Add jalapenos, onions, and cilantro.
  4. Mix with a spoon and dig in with your favorite corn chips.
Buon Appetito

Here's what you need to make the salsa

 
Here is how I learned to cut mangos from my Puerto Rican Friends


 
I chunk them big, and then smash them up to release the juice

 
Here are the mangos, jalapenos, lime,cilantro, and onions
 

No comments: