Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Cobbler

 

History:  When my children were little, I always tried to have something sweet to reward them with after they ate their meal.  This recipe is easy and very good.  It is also wonderful when you have unexpected people over because it  is quick and the ingredients are staples in your home. 

 
 


My Cobbler

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • Pie filling of choice (My favorite apple)
  • 1 quart whipped cream

Directions:

  1. In a bowl mix, flour, baking powder, and sugar.
  2. Add milk & flour mixture.
  3. Put margarine in a 13 x 9 baking pan and melt in a 350 oven.
  4. Pile on fruit and cook at 350 for 1 hour.
  5. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments: